Sunday, June 3, 2007

retro basketball shoes

Oscar Predictions: What will the nominees wear?

You've seen my trend predictions, we've raided the couture shows for tips, and now I'm ready to make wild claims that'll no doubt prove untrue. It's time for the Catwalk Queen pre-Oscar predictions. Nope, I'm not guessing who'll win the gongs, but which designers and looks the female nominees will go for. My money's on Cate Blanchett (shown left at the Berlin Film Festival in a purple Yves Saint Laurent number I picked up on a few days ago) and Kate Winslet looking the best....

Performance by an actress in a leading role

Penélope Cruz in "Volver" Penélope is a big fan of subtly romantic, timeless looks from designers like Oscar De La Renta and Georgio Armani, and usually goes for strapless shapes and dramatic colours. She's done yellow, black and green so perhaps this year she'll be one of the ladies in white or pale peach or blue? It wouldn't surprise me, though I'd like to see her in something more dramatic, perhaps deep red or a bold blue, or really detailed beading or embroidery.

No comments: